Hey guys, welcome back we have the Oneplus 6T here. And in this article, I’m going to show you how to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 6T and flash the custom recovery which is TWRP. And also you will be able to flash custom kernel and root your Oneplus 6T.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus 6T and How to Root by Flashing TWRP
Oneplus is based on the slogan of never settle. And prided itself in being a flagship killer we’re in the eighth version of the Oneplus device with the Oneplus 6T. And we’ve come a long way since they started.
The design of the Oneplus 6T remains almost unchanged compared to the six. It still got glass all around with the mid metal frame. The design being largely the same is not a bad thing.
It feels good to hold a news speaking of which the display now comes with the teardrop notch. And the phone has 6.41-inch optic AMOLED unit from Samsung that features full HD plus resolution. Looking at the one plus 6 you wouldn’t think that the smaller notch and a lower chin would create much of a difference. Also, Oneplus comes with new live oneplus wallpapers.
One of the best features of the past few generations of one-plus devices as a ceramic scanner was near instantaneous and accurate.
While the in display fingerprint scanner seems more like a marketing gimmick. And for bragging rights, it works very well and is faster than similar implementations from sister brand VIVO.
Note: Before proceeding to the step of unlocking your phone’s bootloader, make sure you have taken backup of everything. Backup your phone messages, call history, pictures, and videos. As unlocking your phone’s bootloader will completely wipe your phone’s internal storage.
- USB type-c cable preferably original one
- Oneplus USB Drivers
- ADB and Fastboot Oneplus device drivers
- ADB and Fastboot Folder
Steps to Unlock Oneplus 6T’s Bootloader
- On you 6T, Go to settings
- Go to About Phone
- Scroll to the bottom and tap the build number five times to enable developer options.
- Just above the About Phone, you will see System. Click On that.
- You will see developer options. Click on it.
- Navigate to OEM locking and enable it.
- Next, navigate to USB debugging from debugging options within developer options and also enable it.
- On your PC, Download and Extract the ADB and Fastboot Zip File.
- Now go to extracted ADB and fastboot folder on your PC, hold Shift + right click and select open command prompt here or Windows PowerShell within here.
- Type the following code and hit enter.
- And now check your phone. You will see a popup asking to allow USB debugging. Select Always Allow from this computer and click OK.
- Now within Windows PowerShell type the following code to send your phone into fastboot mode.
- Once the phone is in fastboot mode type the following code and if you get the fastboot device ID then the drivers are successfully installed, and you can proceed to the next step.
- Now type following code and hit enter.
- Back to your phone, use your phone’s volume keys to select whether to unlock your phone or not.
- Once you have chosen unlock the bootloader option, hit the power button. And it will unlock the bootloader of your Oneplus 6T.
- Now type the following command to reboot to the system.
- Now your phone will be rebooted to the system. And all the internet storage will be wiped out.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus 6T T Mobile
- First step is to get your IMEI number. Dial the following code on dialers pad to get IMEI Info.
- Make a note of your IMEI Number.
- Go to the ADB Folder. Press SHIFT+Right Click, Open Command Window Here.
- Type the following code
- Allow the popup that appears on Oneplus 6t.
- Now type
- Your phone will be booted into fastboot mode.
- Now type
- An unlock code will be generated on your phone.
- Copy the IMEI Number and Unlock Code. Paste it here on the official website of Oneplus.
- Within 15 days, you will receive Unlock Token from Oneplus.
- Now again open the command prompt and type the following code.
- Now type the following command to unlock the bootloader.
- In this way, you can unlock the bootloader of your Oneplus 6T.
Steps to Flash TWRP on Oneplus 6T
Boot your phone back, enable USB debugging again and if you had set a fingerprint or other screen lock, make sure you remove every security measure before flashing the custom recovery.
- First step is to download both the files and save it on your ADB Folder.
- Open the ADB Folder. Press SHIFT+Right Click and select open command window here.
- Now type the following command and hit enter.
- Now your phone will be taken into the TWRP Mode.
- Go to Advanced<<ADB Sideload and swipe the botton.
- Now type the following command.
- In this way, you can flash TWRP.
How to Root Oneplus 6T
- Download and paste the magisk file inside the adb folder.
- Open command prompt and type the following command.
- Now type
- Install Magisk apk and your Oneplus 6T will be rooted.
- In this way, you can root Oneplus 6T.
This was easiest tutorial on How to Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus 6T(T Mobile Also). And how to Flash Custom Recovery TWRP on Oneplus 6T. And How to Root Oneplus 6T by flashing Magisk. I hope this post has helped in unlocking bootloader, flashing twrp, and rooting Oneplus 6T. If you have any doubts then you can ask them in the comments below.